Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fresh start

I am such a terrible blogger, so I thought a fresh start would help me get back in the groove. Here we go! Fingers crossed.

This is going to be short and sweet since I have about 96 papers to grade, and I have to go to bed extra early this evening as I'm trekking to Tupelo at 8:30 a.m.

I usually don't have to be at work until 9 a.m., but tomorrow is no ordinary day. You see, my dad and I are part of a Tupelo Reads! event called "Lunching with Books," in which we will discuss a novel that everyone in the Tupelo area has been encouraged to read. So instead of going to the usual work, I get to spend the morning talking about one of my very favorite things (reading) with one of my very favorite people (my dad).  No complaints here.

I just hope I am not asked any questions that are over my head. I am only 5'8". (Get it? I kid, I kid.)

Well, now I'm on a roll. Maybe this won't be so short, but I'll still try for the sweet. Earlier today, I had one of those "Wow, I'm getting old" moments. I got the new Pampered Chef catalog in the mail and pored over it for a solid 30 minutes. Since when did I start getting this excited about kitchen equipment? Gone are the days of Vogue and InStyle; hello, Southern Living and Better Homes & Gardens! This is what my life has come to.

I have spent the last two evenings getting my cover letter together to start my doctoral degree in January. It's a nice little reminder that, even though I do the same things and come home to the same cat every day, I am attempting to take my life to the next level. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Before I close, just thought you'd get a laugh out of the fact that I have already made a fall wreath and put my mums out even though it is still 87 degrees and hot all the time.

Also, even though I consider myself pretty Internet-savvy, why should I "label" my posts? What exactly does that accomplish? For now, I'll be lazy and skip it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! You label your posts so when people google "pampered chef" your blog will pop up in their google search and they can read what you are saying about pampered chef! =)

    ReplyDelete